Re: Old Release goal: Getting rid of unneeded *.la / emptying dependency_libs

Mathieu Parent <math.parent@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 2011/4/3 Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/08/msg00808.html
>>
> (...)
>>
>> Let's try and handle the .la file issue across all of Debian.
>
> dh-make 0.58 install .la files by default
> (/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debianl/package-dev.install contains
> "usr/lib/*.la")
>
> Should we change this also?
>
> Mathieu

I think we should. Since this is about new packages let it start without
an .la file. If the file is really needed (which should be rare for new
stuff) people will notice. On the other hand if it is included by
default people will just leave it in there.

MfG
        Goswin