Re: DEP-4: The TDeb specification.

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 21:09:55 +0200
Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de> wrote:

> Hello Neil,
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 04:13:15PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Time to launch the debate on the Draft TDeb Specification - DEP-4.
> >
> > Current HTML form: http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/tdeb/

> > Discuss.
>
> just out of curiosity, is this still an active proposal, especially
> since Lenny+1 has now been released?

It is in active usage in Emdebian in a slightly modified form but I'm
currently looking at what can be done in Debian in relation to the move
to having -data and -common packages, source-only uploads and exactly
how TDebs can be made to work with more than just gettext translations.

I'm hoping to pick up on this a bit later this year.

--

Neil Williams