Re: cdn.debian.net as a project service?

Paul Wise  at "Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:04:48 +0800" wrote:
 PW> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:

 >> Another strange thing about apt-spy is that it picks a subset of mirrors
 >> without an apparent rule.  It claims it uses
 >> http://http.us.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.txt yet it ignores most (but
 >> not all!) of non-country-primary ones.

 PW> Thats a bug in the parsing (#457049).

OK, this is solved in version 3.2.1 that is waiting for upload on my site
[1]. I asked many times on mentors to upload this version. I admit I'm not
the most active developer on Earth but if you like to try this version of
apt-spy feel free to download it from [1] or from the git repository [2].

 >> Right, with bottlenecks usually being at the last mile, all good mirrors
 >> will have nearly the same speed.  Picking any from the general area should
 >> be fine.

 PW> Not nessecarily, it really depends. For example in Australia local
 PW> mirrors are much faster than US mirrors.

I think that bandwith tests are more accurate, the nearest mirror is not
necessary the best.

Bye
Stefano

[1] http://www.linux.it/~sc/debian/apt-spy/
[2] git://github.com/scanepa/apt-spy.git

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it - http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.