Re: oops I sent a courtesy copy in violation of the code of conduct

Hello,

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:44:07AM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> On 13/03/11 08:19, Ben Finney wrote:
> >Shachar Shemesh<shachar@debian.org>  writes:
> >>I am subscribed to lots and lots of mailing lists. All mail from those
> >>lists gets automatically delivered to dedicated folders automatically.
> >>This means I'm highly likely to miss a reply to my own emails to the
> >>list unless I get another, direct, copy (which doesn't have the list
> >>hidden headers, and therefor stays in my inbox). I *like* to get two
> >>copies, as it increases the chance that I actually get to see the
> >>replies to my own emails.
> >If you like to get two copies, why can't you arrange to generate the
> >extra copies you want without involving anyone else's configuration?
> Any suggestions on how to do it?

I have a similar configuration with many separate folders for mailing
lists. I receive mail with fetchmail and employ procmail for sorting
mail out (probably, not a common setup nowadays).

My trick to get extra copies of direct replies to my own mails in
mailing lists (I place such copies into a dedicated folder) is to keep
a local cache of Message-IDs of my own sent messages and then check
done with a couple of relatively simple rules in ~/.procmailrc that
make use of formail and grep.

--
Stanislav