Re: "expected stable-updates but got squeeze-updates"

On Thu, 31, Mar, 2011 at 08:25:38AM +0000, Philipp Kern spoke thus..
> On 2011-03-30, Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> > However, having "squeeze" in sources.list whilst the Release file
> > contains "stable" works okay, so I assume apt is managing the
> > translation internally in that case.
>
> Nah, that's the bug we received and then assigned to ftp-master, which didn't fix it yet:
>
> pkern@franck:~/ftp/ftp/dists$ egrep -i '(codename|suite)' squeeze{,-updates}/Release
> squeeze/Release:Suite: stable
> squeeze/Release:Codename: squeeze
> squeeze-updates/Release:Suite: squeeze-updates
> squeeze-updates/Release:Codename: squeeze-updates

I've put a temporary hack in place in generate-releases to fix this for
now until we change dak/projectb to use the codenames instead of suite
names for the main suites.  Should be live as of the next dinstall.

I'm keeping the bug open for now until it's fixed properly.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"I told you I was ill"
     The epitaph of Spike Milligan (1918-2002)