Re: Meeting Minutes, FTPMaster meeting March 2011

On 03/28/2011 07:05 PM, Philipp Kern wrote:
> I think people who screw up repeatedly even after being told to be careful
> should have their upload privileges suspended at the discretion of the
> ftp-masters.  We had that in the past as well.  Then source-only uploads
> shouldn't be a problem.

That won't work, at least not within a proper time frame.
And as you have to test-build your packages anyway the only reason I see
why you wouldn't be able to upload them is a very slow connection to the
rest of the world.

> .oO( Don't throw too many technical(ly inferior) solutions onto social
> problems... )

Sometimes simple technical solutions are easier to implement than fixing
social problems.

 GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F