Re: Meeting Minutes, FTPMaster meeting March 2011

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, Mark Hymers wrote:
> The main decision which needs to be made is whether, as a project,
> we want source only uploads or to throw away DD built non-all debs.

There are two separate decisions here.

One is whether we throw away DD built debs (non-all, or
everything.[0])

The second is whether we allow source-only uploads.

I believe the first is relatively non-controversial;[1] the second is
contentious. However, they can certainly be decoupled, and the
non-controversial one implemented until consensus or some process
happens around the second.

Don Armstrong

0: I would personally like to see everything thrown away, including
_all... but that's certainly more technically complicated to
implement, and I wouldn't want the perfect to hold up the good.

1: Presumably someone will correct me if this actually is
controversial.
--
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.