Re: cdn.debian.net as a project service?

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 08:55:47PM +0100, Michael Vogt wrote:
> One missing feature is that it needs to send along info about the
> release/arch its looking for or the returned list needs to be extended
> to include this info. But otherwise it should be good and working.

Have I looked in the wrong places (i.e. sources.list (5) + the list of
packages matching ^apt-transport-, as hinted by the former manpage) or
this is undocumented at the moment? In that case, that's another missing
feature :), let me know if you want a bug report about that.

If this is undocumented and we lack server support, I wonder how there
can be users of it (you said it's "not much used"), are those just
internal users / testers or what?

Regarding the GSoC project, if you think it's a good idea, it would be
great to have someone volunteering as a mentor and mailing a proposal at
soc-coordination@lists.alioth.d.o, after having filled in the proposal
template [1].

Cheers.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode/ProposalTemplate