Re: Pre-Depends: dpkg (>= 1.15.7.2) for dpkg-maintscript-helper okay?

Am 07.03.2011 07:53, schrieb Anders Kaseorg:
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> For packages in wheezy/sid, it's redundant because the versioned dependency
>> is already satisfied by the version of dpkg in squeeze, i.e., it's met even
>> before upgrading to wheezy or sid.
>
> I note that it’s potentially still relevant for the future Ubuntu 10.04
> LTS to 12.04 LTS upgrade, since dpkg-maintscript-helper isn’t in 10.04 LTS
> (dpkg 1.15.5.6ubuntu4.5).  Obviously, Debian is under no obligation to
> make Ubuntu upgrades easier, although it would perhaps be nice if
> packagers had the option of doing so.

I might be mistaken here, but afaik in Ubuntu the only supported upgrade option
is using update-manager and update-manager should be able to do such tricks like
upgrading dpkg before other packages.

I'm pretty sure Steve knows more about this.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?