Re: Pre-Depends: dpkg (>= 1.15.7.2) for dpkg-maintscript-helper okay?

Anders Kaseorg <andersk@MIT.EDU> wrote on 2011-03-05 04:05:

> I see 4 packages currently in squeeze that declare ‘Pre-Depends: dpkg (>=
> 1.15.7.2)’ (cron e16-data ntp ntpdate) and 9 in sid (apticron ccal cron
> lilo midori mozplugger ntp ntpdate usb-modeswitch), but I can’t find any
> discussion about this on debian-devel.

I got the hint for use the Pre-Depends of dpkg with version in LILO from
my sponsor. How Steve Langasek wrote "For packages in wheezy/sid, it's
redundant" I will remove the Pre-Depends of dpkg in the next upload. Is
that o.k.?

---
Have a nice day.

Joachim (Germany)