Re: Disable ZeroConf: how to ?

]] Ben Hutchings

Hi,

| On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 05:20:37PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
|
| > To the extent this is a bug, it's a bug in the resolver that it does not
| > treat names with dots in them as absolute, but relative.  I know this is
| > how it's been done in the past, but perhaps changing that to treating
| > names with as absolute would be a better solution.
|
| echo >>resolv.conf options ndots:15

Thanks for the suggestion, but this does not seem to do what I want, I think?

  ndots:n
    sets a threshold for the number of dots which must appear in a name
    given to res_query(3) (see resolver(3)) before an initial absolute
    query will be made.  The default for n is 1, meaning that if there
    are any dots in a name, the name will be tried first as an absolute
    name before any search list elements are appended to it.  The value
    for this option is silently capped to 15.

I'd like it to not append the search list if there are dots at all.

so doing «getent hosts foo.bar» will only generate a query for

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen