Re: MBF: switching away from homepage pseudo-header

[ adding -qa for the neglected-packages-busting part ]

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 03:59:33PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> My own reading of this thread is that we can go ahead with this MBF.
> You can find attached the template and actual package list, ready for
> mass-bug invocation. Barring new objections, I'll file it tomorrow.

Done. The bug overview page on the BTS is at:

  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=homepage-field;users=debian-qa@lists.debian.org

> Once filed, I'll provide an export of packages still affected, in case
> others want to use the list for other QA efforts such as orphaning /
> removal, as requested by some participants in the thread.

Ditto. The daily generated listing of still affected packages is at:

  http://upsilon.cc/~zack/stuff/homepage-field/mbf-homepage-outstanding.txt

As suggested by others in this thread, the above list can give "extra
points" when looking for abandoned packages. It didn't exclude packages
where the bug is currently marked pending though, patches welcome (see
http://upsilon.cc/~zack/stuff/homepage-field/ for code info.)

Cheers.

« If you can't measure it, it doesn't exist. »