Re: MBF: switching away from homepage pseudo-header

Hi there!

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:31:54 +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 12:27:34PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> (13/02/2011):
>> > I hereby propose a mass bug filing, severity minor, requesting
>> > migration to the proper debian/control field.
>>
>> That might also be a sign of packages lacking love, maybe some of them
>> should be orphaned or dropped instead?
>>

> +1
>
> Very outdated debhelper versions, policy versions and very aged last upload dates
> could be signs of MIA developers and abandonware.

Please be aware that not all the packages need a recent upload,
especially when you consider non-software packages (e.g. artworks,
sounds and so on).  Even lintian does not produce any error when using
old debhelper or policy versions (admitting the packages is fine with
the new versions):

  <http://lintian.debian.org/tags/ancient-standards-version.html>
  <http://lintian.debian.org/tags/package-uses-deprecated-debhelper-compat-version.html>

Thx, bye,