armhf: mass bug filing, NMU and sprints

Hello,

  There has been on-going work to port Debian on ARM devices with later
instruction set (armv7) and floating point support. New port [1]
is named 'armhf' after discussion on public debian-arm lists [2].

  Debian-ports.org holds new port which it is almost at 90% of the archive
built [3].

  Konstantinos Margaritis has been doing great work and filing bug reports
against packages to add support for such new architecture [4]. Debian Installer
is being ported as well.

  In a week time, some of the Debian ARM and Embedded folks are meeting in
Cambridge, UK for a Debian sprint [5] to help push 'armhf' into Debian main
archive as well as discuss future work for next release to be able to improve
our support for ARM and Embedded devices. Following up by another sprint in
San Antonio, TX [6].

  During following sprint or after we might NMU some packages when it makes
sense and maintainer has not been responsive.

  I would like to ask for comments, advise or whatever useful thoughts you
might want to share.

  There is also a presentation [7] available done during past FOSDEM 2011 at
Brussels which might be somehow useful to try to understand ARM history
and why do we want another port optimized for netbooks, nettops and other
mobile devices with network connectivity.

  Thanks very much to Genesi [8] Debian partner for hardware and man power
support, as well as Toby Churchill, ARM and Linaro.

Best regards

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2010/07/msg00019.html
[3] http://buildd.debian-ports.org/stats/armhf.txt