Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

On Thu, 10, Feb, 2011 at 09:43:08PM +0100, Sandro Tosi spoke thus..
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 22:05, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de> wrote:
> > * Throwaway DD built .debs (well, let's have the fight^Wdiscussion)
>
> could you please keep in mind the bandwidth impaired and try something
> that avoids to upload those binary packages in the first place? but
> also something that avoids the risk of uploads without even trying to
> build the package first.

To be honest, I've always thought that if people are doing that, we have
bigger problems anyways.  I don't really like the "throw away debs" idea
personally (it seems a complete waste of bandwidth, time and effort),
and would much rather go to source-only uploads.  The opinions within
the ftpteam vary on this though, so it's something we're going to have
to figure out.  Of course, this is orthogonal to having buildd support
for .all debs which needs discussing with the buildd team.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"That's why the good die young; it's because Death can't be bothered to check
 the paperwork."
     Andy Hamilton, Old Harry's Game