Re: Safe file update library ready (sort of)

On 26/01/11 13:03, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

Some things I noticed:

safewrite.h:
- missing headers, e.g. for mode_t
No. That's intentional. I'm assuming the people who will use safewrite.h are going to RTFM, where it clearly says that those includes are needed. I might reconsider if valid reasons are provided, but I would like to avoid keep including the same headers over and over.
- no 'extern "C" {'
You are right. Fixed now.

I don't like how your functions are destructive to the path argument.
I don't think that is a major issue, but I do think that the reliance on PATH_MAX is. I think the current implementation solves both of these concerns.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.