Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

Hi,

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Attached below is a tentative agenda. This is an unsorted list and we
> might not get to every point. We might also have missed any number of
> points, if so feel free to tell us about them.

I have not seen any word about XZ support.

When you deployed support for new source package formats, you forbid
lzma because xz was coming along and you mentioned that wheezy could have
xz enabled.

I would like to see xz allowed both for source package and for binary
packages.

So I would be glad if you added "allow XZ for source packages and fix
#556407" to your agenda.

Thanks for considering it.

> * Leaf packages. that is, the possibility of having small packages in
>   the archive, without bloating the packages files as a "full package"
>   would. Somehow, less information stored for them. Like only "Package",
>   "Installed-Size", "Version", "FileName", "Size", "Sha1Sum" and one new
>   "mainpackage:" which is simply the package name of the "full
>   package". maybe a one-line description entry, but thats it.

Is that also for very small perl modules that are bundled together
currently?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer