Re: package testing, autopkgtest, and all that

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 10:08:32AM -0500, Michael Hanke wrote:
> > I don't think going back the drawing board now is a very good idea.
> > What we are lacking is deployment (and, sorry for my part in the lack
> > of that).
>
> I don't necessarily take the point of being 5 years too late. If
> everything was optimal and decided 5 years ago, why is nobody using this
> system? Having all the other testing approaches around clearly indicates
> that there is demand...

Just in case: I didn't mean to sound too negative. I see the rational in
having things the way they are in autopkgtest, but maybe we can also
think about autopkgtest as one essential core component and a general
approach to distribution-wide single- and cross-package testing.

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de