Re: A request for those attending key signing parties

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 09:18:18PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> a more theoretical question quite related to this:
>
> If one plans to have the key replaced in the keyring, and we have a
> fellow DD in the keyring who's only trust path to other Debian
> Developers goes via that key (this might become a real scenario when we
> do a bigger round of key replacements) will that key replacement really
> happen? Thus CCing keyring maintainers.

I've had a few conversations with developers who are known to be the
single path to many DDs about holding off on their key replacements, and
been keeping an eye in general on our connectedness over time. In some
occasions we have pushed back on developers who want to replace their
keys with a minimal number of signatures when their old keys are well
integrated.

Overall the connectedness seems to have stayed about level; in January
2009 we had 89.6% of the keys is in the reachable subset and 84.0% in
the strong subset. By the end of 2010 these numbers had increased to
91.1%/85.2%. Yes, some of that is because we've removed inactive keys,
but I think it's an indicator that (so far) the key replacements have
not been weakening our web of trust.

J.

--
Web [ If I hold really still maybe all of this will just go away.  ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by