Re: Can insserv made better?

Hi, Mike:

On Sunday 16 January 2011 19:48:24 Mike Bird wrote:
[...]

> I filed a bug[1] with a simple patch[2] to give people fair
> notice of the pros and cons of insserv but unfortunately
> Julien Cristau simply closed the bug without explanation[3].

Regarding your patch, I find the first part of it being quite to the point
while the second paragraph is unneeded as long as the information is included
in /usr/share/doc/sysvr-rc/README.Debian, and I feel it should be added to
the package, maybe rewritten like this:

"This is an irreversible step.  While it is recommended because It allows the
boot process to be optimized for speed and efficiency providing a more
resilient framework for development, it may not correctly transition in
complex systems without further effort on your part."

Cheers.