Re: Why is help so hard to find?

Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> wrote:

Hi,

> insserv breaks complex systems.  It throws away years of DD work
> and substitutes a few inane and inadequate rules.  It does so

In my experience, insserv makes it a lot easier to handle complex
systems with a lot of interdependent daemons and services. Handling the
initscripts on those systems with the legacy SysV init scheme was a
total pain in the rear.

insserv has issues, but it's still an improvement over the previous
situation and, unlike the other new init systems, it's actually
backward-compatible.

What more could you possibly ask for?

> And KDE 4 is a well known and very old and very stale joke.  Fun
> at parties, maybe, but not really appropriate for the workplace.

KDE4 is crap, world+dog know that. Use GNOME, XFCE or whatever. If you
want KDE3 in Debian, then put your money where your mouth is and
come maintain it.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>