Re: Forwarding bugs upstream

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 08:43:36AM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2011-01-13, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> > In short: The Debian maintainer is responsible that a bug will be
> > reported upstream.  I don't see a problem if he delegates the actual
> > work to somebody else who is able and willing to do the job (but please
> > be nice to the user when asking for this kind of help).  Free software
> > lives from cooperation.
>
> Hi Andreas. Would you like to be delegated to help reporting bugs in
> packages maintained by Qt/KDE team upstream?

In case this is no intentional missunderstanding of my mail some
additional answer for you:  In case I would report a bug against Qt/KDE
and you consider the problem concerns upstream and you (or somebody who
maintains the Qt/KDE related package in question) think that my
understanding of the problem is deep enough to have some reasonable
conversation with upstream about this topic - yes for sure, I would not
be astonished if you ask me to take over the job of forewarding exactly
this problem.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--