Re: Directories named after packages

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

> 3. Historic/Upstream choice (?): /usr/share/doc/texmf
>    (Several TeX packages uses this.)

That's old-fashioned (or, well, obsolete).

I think (without looking at code or our sub-policy) this should be a
symlink to /usr/share/texmf/doc - and TeX packages should make sure
their documentation is findable both in /usr/share/doc/package (for
Debian Policy) and /usr/share/texmf/doc (for the TeX tools).

If one package installs it as a directory, might files from other
packages also be installed there?

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg