Re: DEP5: CANDIDATE and ready for use in squeeze+1

Am Sonntag, den 09.01.2011, 14:27 +0000 schrieb Lars Wirzenius:
> On su, 2011-01-09 at 15:18 +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > * Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi>, 2011-01-09, 14:00:
> > > [3] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?rev=153&sc=0
> > >
> > >If you are interested, please give the spec a quick read. If you find
> > >any real problems, it is not too late to get them fixed.
> >
> > Let me see:
> >
> > | Example:
> > |
> > | Format: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?op=file&rev=135
> > | Upstream-Name: SOFTware
> > | Upstream-Contact: John Doe <john.doe@example.com>
> > | Source: http://www.example.com/software/project
> >
> > r135 is quite an old version (and, in fact, this snippet doesn't even
> > follow the r135 syntax).
>
> Oh, right. I haven't updated those Format: examples, yet, since there is
> no good URL to update them to. Updating to specific revisions in SVN is
> bad. Once the spec is incorporated into the debian-policy package, we
> can have a nice stable URL, which will change whenever the spec changes.
>
> But I guess I could change the rev=135 url to rev=153 for now, to avoid
> confusion.

change to rev=154 (which will be the revision with the fixed
revision). ;)

I am playing with the idea to write python script (using python-debian)
which parses debian/copyright and do some useful stuff. For example
wrap-and-sort could format it nicely. Having some glue code for
software-center would be nice. Third idea is to write a checker tool
that compares debian/copyright with the file headers (licensecheck
output).

The Files field contains a space separated files list. What to do if the
file name contains a space? How should this space escaped?

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer