Re: Getting dh_install to do what we need

* Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>, 2011-12-09, 11:50:
On the other hand we do have packages with executable debhelper files that are NOT scripts. Debhelper currently breaks those. The execute scripts feature should use a compat level.
I have made hundreds of changes to debhelper that broke buggy packages without using compat levels; that is not what compat levels are for.

Huh? "Some files in debian/* are executable, but they don't need to" would hardly qualifies even for a severity:minor bug.

--
Jakub Wilk