Re: Red Hat is moving from / to /usr/

On Dec 07, Stephan Seitz <stse+debian@fsing.rootsland.net> wrote:

> But as was seen in the last discussion, not everyone *has* an
> initramfs, because it is not needed in many cases or sometimes even
> not supported on the platform.
And as was seen, most of these setups can be modified to support this
scheme.
I also have a few ideas about how to support systems whose boot loaders
do not support loading an initramfs, does anybody have a list of them?

But still, this does not change the original question: how will we deal
with these significant upstream changes in many important packages.

--
ciao,
Marco