Re: Some suggestion

2011/12/2 pei deng <wallekernel@gmail.com>:
> I think debian should release  a publish version with roll updating as
> archlinux. and remove testing and sid version.
>
> because 'roll' is really a very good mechanism for software publish and
> test.

And how would then Debian continue releasing stable? Debian is
especially known for its stable release (prolly too much for it). Also
there are some problems with rolling releases - something may break at
unexpected point of time (just like in testing/unstable/experimental).
Without Sid we wouldn't have testbed for updates/upgrades making
system much less stable overall - and by then you could as well use
Arch. Besides you can use Testing as (kind-of) rolling distribution
(or if you want slightly newer packages then Sid or Sid/Experimental
(I was using Sid/experimental for long time, and it worked nicely,
until I tried playing with Linux containers (land of brevity,
especially when you don't know what you are doing) on my main system).
There was proposal for Constantly-Usable-Testing (CUT) as another
release of Debian, but I don't know too much about it.

darkestkhan
Feel free to CC me.
jid: darkestkhan@gmail.com
May The Source be with You.