Bug#649392: ITP: repsnapper -- STL - > GCode Converter and print software for RepRap machines
Owner: Bas Wijnen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : repsnapper
Version : 1.9.0
Upstream Author : Michael Meeks <email@example.com>
* URL : http://reprap.org/wiki/RepSnapper_Manual:Introduction
* License : GPL2+
Programming Lang: C++
Description : STL to GCode Converter and print software for RepRap machines
A RepRap is a 3D printer: a machine which can print 3-dimensional plastic
objects from a computer model. Repsnapper can convert STL, which can be created
with most 3D drawing programs like Blender, into GCode, which the RepRap can
understand. It can also be used to send the result to the RepRap.
This is how Repsnapper compares to other converters:
- RepRap host requires a non-free version of Java. It is otherwise equivalent.
- Skeinforge is much slower but produces much better output. It doesn't support
sending the GCode to the RepRap.
- ReplicatorG requires a non-free version of Java. It calls Skeinforge to
convert STL to GCode.