Re: Dealing with embedded javascript libraries

Raphael Hertzog, 2011-10-23 17:13:17 +0200 :

[...]

> Unfortunately, blindly replacing the file with a symlink can
> create problems of its own. Upstream tested their application
> with the version of the library that they ship. Using another
> version might break things horribly, an example here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wordpress/+bug/816962

  I don't do much library packaging myself, but it was my understanding
that versions of libraries that break API/ABI are meant to go in
different binary packages, usually with a version number in the package
name.  Javascript doesn't have an ABI, but libraries written in that
language are still libraries, aren't they?

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

That's one of the good fings about not existin'; they leave you alone most
of the time.  --  in My Hero (Tom Holt)