Re: Packages depending on libncurses5 but not build-depending on libncurses-dev

On 2011-10-20 00:03 +0200, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> The two exceptions are [...] nvidia-cuda-toolkit (non-free,
>> binary-only(?)).
>
> Yup, binary-only.  I believe the dependency is present in the binary that
> we get from upstream, and no -dev packages are used since we don't build
> the binary.

You may be missing some library build dependencies, though.  The
nvidia-cuda-gdb package depends on libc6, libexpat1, libncurses5 and
libstdc++6, none of which are listed in Build-Depends although
dpkg-shlibdeps obviously found them.

While libc6 and libstdc++6 are unlikely to be removed from the
Build-Essential closure anytime soon, the same is not true for
libncurses5.

Cheers,
       Sven