Re: RFC: Making mail-transport-agent Priority: optional

* Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> [111013 12:02]:
> > - Starting a daemon at boot time, which slows down booting.  This led me
> >   to notice the problem in Debian Live: it took a non-trivial amount of
> >   time for the boot process to finish starting exim and move on.
>
> I experienced the same in the past on non-live Debian systems, but IIRC
> only when there was no network connection, is this a bug in exim?

I think that is trying to determine the hostname. Usually because of
exim4 supporting ipv6 and most hosts not having a statically configured
ipv6 address.

Adding

disable_ipv6 = true

to exim4.conf always made it go away for me...

	Bernhard R. Link