Re: Move all to /usr

[…]

 >>> No, we discussed the idea of merging /usr in / (to which I was
 >>> opposed myself as well).  This is a different concept.

 >> The only significant difference that I can see is that /etc could be
 >> put on a filesystem distinct to the one holding the binaries.  An
 >> end which, on a second though, I cannot readily suggest on how to
 >> achieve any other way.

 > And /dev.

	Which is on tmpfs most of the time, anyway.

 > And /boot.

	For the slightest chance that I may one day move away from
	GNU/Linux, I keep bootloader's files on a separate FS.
	(Presumably, even if I'd move to another system, I'll hardly
	part with GRUB.)

	To put it another way, I do not consider an installed bootloader
	to be part of a system (while its installer may be such a part.)
	And indeed, I've used to have a bootable floppy disk
	(CompactFlash, USB Flash) image with GRUB installed, but
	otherwise hardly related to GNU/Linux.  (Say, it might contain
	Memtest86+, FreeDOS, and some random data.)

--
FSF associate member #7257