Reply to a RFP on the right way

Hi.

I'm trying to contribute to Debian with a new package. I have searched on the BTS and found that the library I want to package has an open RFP process [1].

I'm not new at all with Debian packaging, but it is my first contribution to Debian project. I want to know what is the right process I must follow to package that library:

* Answer to the RFP?
* Open an ITP?

In addition, if you follow the link you will see that the library is called "jsoncpp". What is the right name I should choose for my package? I intend that libjsoncpp is appropriate, because I suppose that all the library packages on Debian are named lib*. Is this true?

Best regards and thanks in advance.