TranscriberAG: successor of Transcriber as a Debian/Ubuntu package

Dear ftpmasters, package developers and maintainers,

The Transcriber package (http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/transcriber.html) was removed last year.
The reasons were:
Please remove transcriber:
- orphaned for more than 3.5 years, last maintainer upload in 2005
- dead upstream (last release from 2005, according to the sourceforce page a complete rewrite was planned in 2008)
- minimal popcon
        source : http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=595993

TranscriberAG (http://transag.sourceforge.net) is the successor of Transcriber and has been released as an open source software (GPLv3) last July.
Compilation as is was successful under Ubuntu 10.4 and 10.10 and went okay with a patch under Ubuntu 11.04 (information available here: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4E35D2B5.4020104%40vista.se&forum_name=transag-general).

We would be very pleased to see a TranscriberAG package be part of the repositories as many people, especially from the research community, hope after the removal of the Transcriber package.

Please feel free to contact me (busson@users.sourceforge.net) should you require any further information.

Thank you very much and I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Bastien Busson

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately without keeping any copy thereof and delete it from your system.