Re: packages under the AGPL-3 license

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 01:28:26AM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> I am working on packaging the LIO tools [1]. The userspace component is
> licensed under AGPL-3.
>
> As per Debian bug #621462, the license is not part of common-licenses
> because there aren't many consumers for it, yet.

The data referenced by that buglog are 15 months old. Although I doubt
they've changed enough to overtake the minimum threshold, it would be
nice to re-evaluate them.  For one thing, the growth rate might give
insights about the future "market share" of the license.

TBH, AGPL is likely to become a popular license. Having maintainers
include it verbatim in packages nowadays, to factor it out a few years
from now, doesn't seem like a useful exercise...

Cheers.