Re: making encrypted $HOME as easy and convenient as possible

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 09:14:39PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
[...]
> Can we make full-disk encryption more convenient?
[...]

I'm not sure it could be any more convenient than it already is to
configure, at least as far as D-I is concerned. It has a
partitioning option or two which are guided with full-disk
encryption, so pretty much fire-and-forget.

About the only ease of use issue I have is that I'd like to get
keyfile-on-a-USB-stick working with the default initrd scripts. I've
seen a few examples in circulation already, it's just a matter of
finding the time to test them.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); PGP(43495829);
WHOIS(STANL3-ARIN); SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); FINGER(fungi@yuggoth.org);