Re: Maintainers, porters, and burden of porting

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 07:34:41PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:

> > - Being able to judge whether the maintainers have done their part in
> >   reaching out to porters is a requisite for the above. And to do so, we
> >   really need more visibility of those exchanges. According to devref
> >   [1], the contact points we currently recommend are both the
> >   debian-$arch mailing lists and the $arch@buildd.debian.org addresses.
> >
> >   Is there any reason why the latter are not public?
>
> Yes. Because one of the most frequent users is the security team
> asking where this and that security build is. We don't want that
> public for obvious reasons.

We changed this some time ago and made $arch readable by anybody,
the mbox's are at:
buildd.debian.org:/org/buildd.debian.org/mbox/

We've ask the security team to use wb-team@buildd.debian.org
instead, which is not public available.

And there is also debian-wb-team@lists.debian.org.

Kurt