Re: Maintainers, porters, and burden of porting

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 04:49:17PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 29/08/11 at 16:16 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> > or test suites failing for various random reasons.
> Like what? In my experience rebuilding the archive on amd64, there are
> only a handful of packages where the test suite fails randomly. If it
> fails randomly only on $PORTER_ARCH, it's likely to be an indication of
> a bug in toolchain/libc/kernel/whatever that only triggers through a
> race condition. And that's clearly porter's business.

My experience shows that many errors are hidden undefined behaviours in
the source somewhere. Especially in C and C++ this error-class is easily
missed.

Bastian

--
Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.
		-- Klingon Soldier, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown