Re: getting permission denied with shmat() as non-root

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 08:44:41PM -0400, Timothy Stotts wrote:
> /proc/config.gz reveals that SYSVIPC is indeed compiled into the Linux
> kernel of the Debian system.

The Debian kernels don't include support for /proc/config.gz.

> How can I diagnose the program on the Debian system?

strace. Also you may want to compile a minimal program that shows the
error.

> I read on the Internet that this may have something to do with Linux
> Capabilities settings?

Linux limits shared memory usage for non-root users. Not sure how
exactly.

Bastian

--
You can't evaluate a man by logic alone.
		-- McCoy, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3