Re: relationships with GNU as an upstream - call for feedback

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 05:26:03PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I've been invited to deliver a speech at the next GNU Hackers Meeting,
> which will take place in Paris (France) from August 25th to August
> 28th. The people who invited me are interested in the workflow of
> patches from final users to upstreams, possibly passing through
> derivatives, that I've presented in various talks before.
>
> I'll be glad to talk about that. But I would also like to take the
> chance to present how we feel about GNU as an upstream, in case we have
> anything more to say about GNU than what we have to say about other
> upstreams (see for example initiatives like [1,2,3]).
>
> In short: if you are maintaining a GNU package [4] in Debian, I'd like
> to hear from you. Please mail me comments about your relationship with
> GNU as an upstream, whether it is good or bad, and whether you have
> specific desiderata that are general enough to be mentioned to GNU as a
> project rather than to individual GNU maintainers.

Last call for feedback about GNU as a Debian upstream: the talk is on
Friday. I've already received a good deal of feedback (about 15 mails)
and I'm in the process of summarizing what I've got. Given feedback is
never enough :), you still have a few hours to let me know more. Of
course I'll report about the talk once it's done.

As I haven't yet done that with individual maintainers, I'd like to
hereby thank everyone who have followed-up providing some feedback:
thanks!

Cheers.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-upstream/