Re: Fwd: Re: BLAST+ speed & build issues

Linking against "needed" lib is quite difficult (would need to be done on upstream), package is rather complex regarding compilation.
And each solution has its pros and cons....

I think we will have to discuss on validity to provide static builds ( takes a lot of space on package vs perf loss)

Thanks anyway

2011/8/4 Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>
Julian Taylor, le Thu 04 Aug 2011 12:32:27 +0200, a écrit :
> You might be able to reduce startup time by only linking against the
> libraries you need or lazyly dynamically loading them.

Or use prelink.

Samuel