Re: help with git

Hi,

thanks for your help, Jonas, I think I found the error, or better,
a way to fix that.

On Do, 21 Jul 2011, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> ...perhaps because you mess with config file options that you are not
> familiar with.

Well, I used only git for editing the config file, by calling git remote add.

> Please provide full set of command lines - from an empty workingdir -
> that caused that fatal error.  Then we haver something reproducible to
> work from.

What really solved the problem was NOT using git branch or so, but
	git fetch upstream-git master:upstream-dev
and that worked nicely. It creates a branch that tracks upstream's master
branch and the local is called upstream-dev.

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes

Norbert
TORONTO (n.) Generic term for anything which comes out of a gush
despite all your careful efforts to let it out gently, e.g. flour into
a white sauce, tomato ketchup on to fried fish, sperm into a human
being, etc.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff