Re: A few observations about systemd

* Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala@pp1.inet.fi> [110720 18:37]:
> Supporting things like kFreeBSD is a lot of effort to benefit few people. If
> it's what a volunteer wants to work on then that is his right. But to insist
> that others should work on it is wrong; project-wide priorities should be based
> on rational decisions instead.

I hope you see that this is exactly the fallacy I described.

Every single one of us and our users is part of some set of "few people".
It is not "rational" to say "this only benefits a few" because if you
only do things each benefiting only a majority, the intersection of all
those majorities will be very small. And the amount of skilled
developers within that set most likely even smaller.

And for the rhetoric: It's not about insisting people should do other
people's work, but about people should not work against other people's
work.

We need to all together create a project we all can live in. Just
playing the "I do not care about that, that does not benefit me and the
users I care about" card does not create a project but only poisons
the community.

	Bernhard R. Link