Re: A few observations about systemd

]] Marc Haber

Hi,

| On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:54:14 +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek
| <jch@pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
| >Systemd deprecates shell scripts
|
| How is one supposed to handle the case where the configuration the
| daemon actually runs with needs to be generated, which is commonly
| done in the init script's start target?

(I don't think it's commonly done, but that's besides the point.)

You'd then call a wrapper script that generates the configuration, so in
that respect it would be quite similar to today.

Something like:

ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/update-exim4.conf
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/exim4 -bd -q30m

should do what you want.

Cheers,
--