Re: [Lennart Poettering] Re: A few observations about systemd

]] Juliusz Chroboczek

| > It's not like boot speed would be the only reason to avoid shell.
|
| I don't think that avoiding shell implies that all the distribution-
| specific initialisation code must be hard-wired in pid 1.  I'd be more
| sympathetic to the idea of recoding everything in C if the initiali-
| sation code lived in separate binaries.

Like:

: tfheen@qurzaw /lib/systemd > ls
system/                 systemd-fsck*          systemd-quotacheck*         systemd-shutdown*       systemd-vconsole-setup*
systemd-ac-power*       systemd-hostnamed*     systemd-random-seed*        systemd-shutdownd*      system-generators/
systemd-binfmt*         systemd-initctl*       systemd-readahead-collect*  systemd-sysctl*         system-shutdown/
systemd-cgroups-agent*  systemd-kmsg-syslogd*  systemd-readahead-replay*   systemd-timestamp*
systemd-cryptsetup*     systemd-logger*        systemd-remount-api-vfs*    systemd-update-utmp*
systemd-detect-virt*    systemd-modules-load*  systemd-reply-password*     systemd-user-sessions*

?

Really, it's not that hard coded.

Regards,
--