Bug#632610: ITP: ruby-chunky-png -- pure ruby library for read/write, chunk-level access to PNG files
Owner: Jonas Smedegaard <email@example.com>
* Package name : ruby-chunky-png
Version : 1.2.0
Upstream Author : Willem van Bergen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://github.com/wvanbergen/chunky_png/
* License : Expat
Programming Lang: Ruby
Description : pure ruby library for read/write, chunk-level access to PNG files
This pure Ruby library can read and write PNG images without depending
on an external image library, like RMagick. It tries to be memory
efficient and reasonably fast.
* Decodes any image that the PNG standard allows. This includes all
standard color modes, all bit depths and all transparency,
interlacing and filtering options.
* Encodes images supports all color modes (true color, grayscale and
indexed) and transparency for all these color modes. The best color
mode will be chosen automatically, based on the amount of used
* R/W access to the image's pixels.
* R/W access to all image metadata that is stored in chunks.
* Memory efficient (uses a Fixnum, i.e. 4 or 8 bytes of memory per
pixel, depending on the hardware)
* Reasonably fast for Ruby standards, by only using integer math and a
highly optimized saving routine.
* Interoperability with RMagick if you really have to.