Re: Multiarch in Debian unstable

Den 28. juni 2011 19:56, skrev Joachim Breitner:
> I tend to agree with Bernhard that it would be nice if it were made easy
> for the user (e.g. a user on amd64 who runs some application in wine and
> is surprised that the foo.local addresses stop working).

Actually, I think the current status quo is that *no* address lookups
work at all in Wine if only 64-bit mdns is installed but not 32-bit
mdns, apparently because the mdns configuration is such that if the mdns
module cannot be loaded, then regular dns and hosts lookups are not
attempted either. I haven't heard about this being fixed yet.