Re: more about Zookeeper [and 1 more messages]

That all sounds very reasonable.

I have raised the issue with the upstream Zookeeper community to see if there is
a demand for Zookeeper to be in Debian.  Obviously, if there isn't any demand, then
the process of recruiting a new Debian maintainer for ZK isn't worth the effort.

I will keep you guys aware.  The twisted guys sounded like they would be interested at one
time.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> And regardless of whether it ever built on MIPS, it clearly should not have
> given that there isn't a 1.6 Java there.

It seems that there is a packaging bug.  That is, the FTBFS (Fails To
Build From Source) bug is a Debian-specific bug, introduced in the
Debian packaging, and not anything to do with your upstream code.

Tollef says that he thinks the bug is RC (Release-Critical) for other
reasons.  In Debian an RC bug is (broadly speaking) one which might
cause the package to be dropped from a release.