Re: Anonymous read-only access and Vcs-* [Re: Alioth status update, take 3]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Anonymous read-only access and Vcs-* [Re: Alioth status update, take 3]
- From: Bernd Zeimetz <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:40:22 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 4DE89DF6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4DDCDDF3.email@example.com> <20110525112001.GB2368@jamessan.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 05/26/2011 07:54 AM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Scott Kitterman
> | Was there some discussion of this with Alioth users before it got
> | changed?
> And while I apologise for the problems we've had with the migration, I'd
> like to ask people to just accept some of the changes we've made even
> though you think it makes URLs uglier. They're done to avoid cyclic
> dependencies between services.
Please explain that. I can't see how a cyclic dependency could happen
there. And I still think loosing the old names is a very annoying PITA.
Bernd Zeimetz Debian GNU/Linux Developer
GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F