Re: Behaviour of dpkg-source with "3.0 (quilt)" and VCS and automatic patches

Bernhard R. Link writes ("Re: Behaviour of dpkg-source with "3.0 (quilt)" and VCS and automatic patches"):
> The more Debian packages you have seen, the more different ways you
> have encountered and the less likely you are to be confused or to
> forget to apply the patches before looking at the source, but as
> much as this kept repelling me from looking deeper into some packages
> even after some years of being DD, I can only imagine how someone not
> so deep into debian development is obstructed by this to help themselves
> and us.

Quite so.  The source code we supply is not there just for our
benefit.  It is also there so that our users can modify the software
to suit themselves, and run the modified versions.

Ian.